Central Campus Student Mail
Central Campus Apartments residents have three options for mail services:
1. Free mailbox at your apartment
- Pick-up your mailbox key from the Central Campus Housing Office at at 217 Anderson St.
- Mailboxes are in clusters around the property. Your box address is the same as your apartment address. For example, if you live at 217 Anderson St. in Apartment J, the address is:
Duke Blue Devil
217 Anderson St. Apt J
Durham, NC 27705
- Mail delivered to your apartment is delivered by the U.S. Postal Service Monday to Saturday. Express Mail is delivered every day. Oversized packages are placed in a parcel locker next to your mailbox. The carrier will leave a key for locker inside your mailbox.
- Private couriers such as UPS and FedEx deliver to your apartment door.
- If you want to close your Bryan Center mailbox, you must return your key and fill out a forwarding order. Otherwise, your mailbox will remain open and you will be charged $28 per semester. The price can change according to U.S. Post Office prices.
2. Keep your Bryan Center mailbox
- Mailbox rent is $29 per semester, but may change according to U.S. Post Office prices.
- All mail (zip code 27708) is delivered to your Bryan Center box for pick-up.
- Use your Central Campus apartment address (zip code 27705) for packages from private couriers such as UPS and FedEx – even if you do not use a Central Campus mailbox. The couriers deliver to your door.
- Large mail pieces are kept behind our counter in the Bryan Center. We'll send an e-mail or text message to notify you for pick-up.
3. Use both mailboxes.
- With this option, double check the zip code on your mailings. Use 27705 for your Central Campus apartment address and 27708 for the Bryan Center mailbox.
Anti-Stalking laws prevent postal employees from giving out any information-even to parents- as to whether or not a student has a mailbox. Please contact the Registrar's Office for student information at (919) 684-2813.